Monday, July 9, 2012

Love Your Landmark #1 - Bashed Trumpet Bench



"Bashed Trumpet Bench"
West 100th Street

We love our "landmark" benches on West 100th Street!  Our beautiful "Bashed Trumpet" was commissioned by the Block Association over a decade ago to provide respite for the young, old and in-between who live on and visit our monumental block. Linus Coraggio, the metal sculptor who created this bench, was raised on this block and still lives in his apartment of origin.

Here are Block Association members and other bench lovers.

Love, 
100th Street Block Association 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in love with this bench, which I recently discovered. I stay on the UWS for a week each month, but both my parents lived in NYC for years. My mother and godmother lived on Riverside Drive near the International House. I'm so in love with Riverside Park, where I run on the dirt trail and with beautiful Riverside Drive and cross streets.